Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Teen Craft: My Origami Valentine



Today I made these origami Valentines with 2 groups of teens! Each piece of the Valentine took between 10-15 minutes to teach at a leisurely pace. The two pieces fit together quite nicely and the teens were proud of the finished product.

I emphasized the importance of clean, crisp folds and precision before starting this craft.



We used a 5" by 5" piece of yellow paper for the envelope and a 4" by 4" piece of paper for the heart shape.  I used regular colored copy paper.

I taught each of these pieces step by step and had them follow along with me. I also had printed instructions for them to take home.

To learn how to make the envelope, use these wonderful instructions for an "Origami Bookmark" provided by Red Ted Art.

To learn how to make the simple origami heart shape, I used this tutorial:




No comments:

Post a Comment