Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Teen activity: Library Bingo

Bingo is a crowd-pleasing classic! I did this with teens at our local Juvenile Detention Center, and a great time was had by all- and we talked about 20 different library resources to boot. I could see this being a fun activity with many age groups. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

These are the bingo cards I made on Myfreebingocards.com- although I ended up switching to the "Stars and Stripes" theme seen below. I printed them on white cardstock.



When the teens got their first bingo, I would let them drop a disc in the Prize Drop, a really fun product to have for outreach and programs, and then they would win one of these awesome scratch-n-sniff bookmarks available from Demco.  For the mini-bookmarks at the bottom of the Prize Drop, I cut the actual bookmarks in half. Then I would give them a full-size normal bookdrop for their prize- and 5 Jolly Ranchers!  (Blue Jolly Ranchers were the most popular today.)

        

While playing, I would explain each resource and why it is an awesome thing that they should take advantage of either now or in the future.

Next time I do this activity, when they get their second bingo I would let them CHOOSE their favorite bookmark. The gummy worms seem to be the most popular.


No comments:

Post a Comment